My craft pursuits that require good weather have been put on hold until the end of the week. I needed a bit of DIY to keep my spirits up, so what better way to put a smile on your face then to make something sweet?
I hunted around the kitchen and found a bag of Wilton Candy Melts (great to keep these on hand and they come in a million different colours. I went with the Colour Burst variety), candy mold and Golden Oreos, which are so delicious. I know some of you are purists, but honestly give the Golden Oreos a try.
So off we go on a candy/chocolate coated adventure…I was able to make about 24 while the little guy was napping.
- Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and nuke at 50% power for 3o second intervals, stirring in between
- Pour into candy molds
- Place Oreos (or similar sized cookies) into molds
- Use a spatula or small spoon to cover the top of the cookie with melted candy/chocolate
- Place mold into the fridge for a few minutes to harden
- Remove from fridge, turn over mold and gently tap out the covered cookie….AND DONE!
If you don’t have a candy mold, you could just dip the cookies and place on parchment paper to cool.
Happy snacking crafty friends!